Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

West Tisbury MA

West Tisbury MA

Located on the Island of Martha’s Vineyard, off the coast of Massachusetts, West Tisbury covers 34 square miles and has a year-round population of 3,151. As a popular vacation destination that number grows to several times that in the summer. The first recorded settlement was in 1669 and incorporated as a town on April 28, 1892. We are home to many acres of State Forest, scenic beaches, rich farm land and have many historical structures still in use today. We continue to retain much of the rural atmosphere and neighborly sense of community that made us notable.

Dukes County originally consisted of the parent towns of Tisbury, Chilmark, and Edgartown which are now divided into seven towns: Tisbury, West Tisbury, Chilmark, Gay Head, Gosnold, Edgartown, and Oak Bluffs. Tisbury was originally called “Middletown” until it was incorporated as the Town of Tisbury in 1671. It includes (and is now often synonymous with) the village of Vineyard Haven, which was called Holmes Hole until 1871.

West Tisbury was divided from Tisbury in 1892, and all of the early records can be found with the parent town.

Acushnet MA
Get in Touch







    Skymax Realty Agent

    Skymax Realty Agent

    617-921-4758
    617-863-4700
    617-953-0558

    will@skymaxrealty.com

    Buy any West Tisbury property with a
    Skymax Realty agent and receive the
    50% Home Buyer Rebate

    loading
    loading
    loading
    loading
    $
    $
    $
    $
    $
    $
    Click or tap on the map to begin. To edit your completed polygon, drag any point to a new location.