Templeton covers approximately 20,000 acres, and was first settled as a result of military soldiers being promised lands in the area following the war against the Narragansett Indians which terminated in 1675. It was not until 50 years later, however, in 1728, the promised lands were finally granted, and in 1733, those lands settled by the first families of the township. In 1762 the township was Incorporated as Templeton; the name changed to Templeton in 1764.
Templeton is part of the Narragansett Regional School District, along with Phillipston. Elementary School students attend Templeton Memorial School, middle school students attend Narragansett Regional Middle School, and high school students attend Narragansett Regional High School.
Templeton’s Boynton Public Library began in 1868 and named after John Boynton. In fiscal year 2008, the town of Templeton spent 0.49% ($53,608) of its budget on its public library—approximately $6 per person, per year ($7.91 adjusted for inflation to 2022).
Get in Touch
Skymax Realty Agent
Buy any Templeton property with a
Skymax Realty agent and receive the
50% Home Buyer Rebate