Lynnfield is a friendly community that is well known for its civic, cultural and charitable spirit. Town government and community groups rely on the town’s spirit of volunteerism. Lynnfield initially consisted of two separate villages with a single governing body. The town of Lynnfield was first settled in 1638 and was made a district separate from Lynn in 1782. It was later officially incorporated in 1814.
The Ipswich River forms the northern border of the town, and several brooks cross through town. Several lakes and ponds dot the town, including Suntaug Lake, Reedy Meadow and Pillings Pond. A portion of the Lynn Woods Reservation is located in the southeast corner of town, and in the northwest part of town lies part of Camp Curtis Guild, a Massachusetts National Guard base which also contains lands in the neighboring towns.
Get in Touch
Skymax Realty Agent
Work with this Skymax Realty Agent and Receive a 50% Home Buyer Rebate