By an act of the General Court the Town of Halifax was incorporated on July 4, 1734 (New Style). We are the only town in the Commonwealth to have this honor. It was formed from parts of the towns of Middleborough, Pembroke and Plympton. On February 20, 1824 a part of the town of Bridgewater was annexed to Halifax, and on March 16, 1831, a part of the town of Plympton was annexed. On April 11, 1857, a part of Halifax was annexed to East Bridgewater and the bounds between the two towns established. On February 6, 1863 the bounds between Halifax and Plympton were established, and a part of each town was annexed to the other.
Get in Touch
Skymax Realty Agent
Buy any Halifax property with a
Skymax Realty agent and receive the
50% Home Buyer Rebate